Ghana Homes Blog
Four Advantages of Porcelain Tiles and Non-Porcelain Tiles
Porcelain tiles and Non-Porcelain tiles are the two main types of ceramic tiles used for indoor flooring in Ghana. These have become popular among most Ghanaians. Non-porcelain tiles are commonly referred to as ceramic tiles. Porcelain tiles and Non-Porcelain tiles come in various designs or patterns, shapes, and sizes. Basically, they belong to the same family since they are both made from different types of clay, yet porcelain tile and non-porcelain tile are different in terms of density, price, water absorption level, installation, cutting, etc.
One is advantageous over the other depending on where you want to install it. Usually, these tiles are either glazed or unglazed; however, many homeowners have glazed tiles in their homes. The following are advantages of using porcelain or non-porcelain tiles for your home:
- Porcelain or non-porcelain tiles are durable. They have longer life span compared to other flooring materials. They are hard and have strong resistance to moisture and scratch. Thus, it is a good flooring material to consider for wet areas.
- Tese tiles are noted for their color permanence. Porcelain or non-porcelain tiles maintain their color shades regardless of the extent of exposure to sunlight or chemicals. They maintain their original color and give you lasting shine for their lifetime.
- Cleaning porcelain or non-porcelain tiles is simple and easy. Glazed tiles absorb dust or dirt and this is the reason for the easy cleaning. This means that you can keep your tiled area clean and hygienic at all times. Equally, you can use any cleaning product to maintain your tiles.
- Porcelain and non-porcelain tiles can withstand heavy impact stresses. Therefore, they can be used in commercial and residential environments. They also do not burn under any normal condition. In case of any fire outbreak, they restrict the movement and transference of flames.
Porcelain and non-porcelain tiles enhance the beauty of your home. This explains why more homeowners in Ghana opt for this type of flooring material. It is important, however, to seek professional advice when deciding to buy or install porcelain or non-porcelain tiles.
Are You Looking To Build A Lovely Home? Find Out Why THOUSANDS, from All Over The World, are Creating Their Dream Homes with Ghana House Plans for Their Residential and Commercial Building Needs…Build your dream home today. Click here to contact us now for more information.
Featured House Plans
Recent Ghana Homes Blog
- An Expert Overview of The Ghana Affordable Homes Project
- Four Advantages of Porcelain Tiles and Non-Porcelain Tiles
- Land Title Registration in 30 Days? The New Minister Demands
- Financial Prospects For Housing – Expectations from The New Ghana Government on Housing – Part III
- Ghana Housing Deficit Tops 1.7 Million Units – Expectations from The New Ghana Government on Housing – Part II